TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
Travel Clinics of America is your best choice for receiving high-quality pre-travel care, sound travel advice, and peace of mind.
- Swimming and boating are exciting diversions for travelers. Unfortunately, in developing countries, lakes, ponds, and beaches are breeding grounds for parasites.
- Avoid swimming or wading in standing waters.
- Wear protective sandals when beach walking.
- Avoid swallowing water or submerging your head. Consider using nose plugs and face mask.
- Do not share towels.
- Sanitize your hands after swimming to reduce risk of infection.
- Swim in populated areas, preferably in enclosed swimming areas.
- Beware of underwater coral and sharp rocks.
- If stung by fish or jellyfish, wash the site with sea water, ammonia, or urine.
- Do not dive head-first into unknown waters.
- Always wear proper-fitting life jackets when on any watercraft or waterskiing.
- Alcoholic beverages and aquatic activities are a hazardous combination.