Travel Clinics of America is your best choice for receiving high-quality pre-travel care, sound travel advice, and peace of mind.
International vacation travel offers the opportunity for rich recreational and cultural experiences. Whether you are vacationing as a family or touring solo, traveling “first class” or staying in youth hostels, consult with a Travel Clinics of America physician to help you be medically prepared for your trip. The consultation, along with travel and health vaccinations, is your prescription for a successful vacation.
- Bring extra medication to cover unexpected trip delays. Quality of medications available overseas may not meet U.S. standards.
- Pack all medications and supplies in your carry-on luggage.
- Bring copies of your prescriptions.
General safety measures
- Bring a first aid kit.
- Bring an extra pair of prescription eyeglasses and extra contact lenses. Carry copies of your eyewear prescriptions with other important documents.
- Join for free the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers (IAMAT) for a list of English-speaking doctors, clinics, and hospitals.
- Evaluate your U.S. medical insurance policy coverage abroad. Verify that it covers emergency evacuation. Purchase supplemental medical insurance if necessary.
- Cruises and other modes of international travel offer rich recreational and cultural experiences. Travel Clinics of America physician can help you be medically prepared for your international travel.