Prepare for the Unexpected
Did you know that an emergency evacuation from a foreign country can cost you thousands of dollars? If your current plan does not cover expenses incurred abroad, or you want to increase your level of protection, Travel Clinics of America recommends contacting the MEDEX Global Group. Currently protecting 20 million travelers, MEDEX provides international travel, medical and security evacuation and assistance services, including:
- International Medical Insurance
- 24-hour Multilingual Emergency Response Center
- Security and Evacuation Assistance
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Lost Baggage Benefits
Check with your carrier to determine your specific benefits and purchase supplemental medical insurance if needed. Buy the best policy that you can afford.
Keep proof of your insurance with you at all times.
Your supplemental medical insurance should cover:
- Medical evacuation to the nearest adequate facility, and then back to your home country as soon as possible.
- Costs of all doctors, dentists and hospitals.
- Costs of prescribed medications.
- Pre-existing conditions.
- Injury resulting from risky activities, if applicable.
- Replacement of lost medications or supplies.
- Assistance finding medical care abroad.
- Emergency cash advances.
Be sure to read the policy carefully and understand what is not covered.